PSI serves North America Division’s (NAD) institutions as a consulting service and is both a one-stop shop and a gateway to services.
Why is this a “must” for our schools? See what Dennis Carlson, fundraising and leadership consultant for non-profits, advises. He calls it: An Adventist Essential.
The PSI website, www.philanthropicservice.com has on-line resources such as an extensive annotated bibliography, webinars, articles of current interest in fundraising/philanthropy, and commentaries on what is happening on the philanthropic scene, how-to advice, and announcements. Below is a list of how PSI can help you. Please contact us with any questions, comments, requests or just to get acquainted.
- Fundraising handbooks, Successful Fundraising, several editions: for churches and pastors, for other SDA nonprofits, Spanish version, Canadian version. These can be purchased from AdventSource.org but come with an offer of assistance from PSI, ranging from a phone call to actual site visit. Search for the words “philanthropic” and/or “fundraising.”
- PSI has collaborated with the Adventist Learning Community and now has a course on fundraising available. While geared toward pastors, it is accessible and useful for all who wish to learn the comprehensive aspects of fundraising.
- PSI serves academies through the Model for Academy Philanthropy (MAP) program and consulting in general for those not enrolled in this program.
- Professionally equipped fundraisers are needed in Adventist organizations. PSI has a program which provides hands-on training, Career Opportunities in Philanthropy – an internship program along with mentoring. Also there is a site on our web page that lists resumes and job openings. Most important is our new volume called Your Future in Fundraising. Our mantra is that you don’t have to be a professional to do fundraising well, but you have to do it professionally.
- PSI has developed a highly significant project called the Fundraising Fitness Test, which aids in understanding what strategies are working by using information points from past and current data from the organization’s database. This endeavor has truly put PSI “on the map” of professional fundraising. PSI has also added a tool that helps fundraisers know how to use the information gleaned from the Fundraising Fitness Test.
- PSI assists with capital campaign planning, or review of existing plans. Information is included in Successful Fundraising.
- PSI helps an organization develop its case for support and identify potential donors.
- Webinars on current or standard fundraising strategies are available on PSI’s website. Designed to complement chapters of the general version of Successful Fundraising, this combination of reading and listening/viewing provides a thorough fundamental training in fundraising.
- PSI does training on site—board, building committee, other relevant committees, and the churches and NAD organizations of all types in general— PSI also holds a National Conference on Philanthropy with special guest speakers, classes and great networking opportunities. Watch for notices on our website, www.philanthropicservice.com.
- PSI helps with materials preparation, such as reviewing fundraising materials, from letters to proposals.
- PSI has many informational and instructive materials that can be shared, including a lending library and many on-line resources.
- PSI can assist in researching funders—foundations, some businesses, and government. It can guide in identifying individual donors. We will also help with some funding to have a professional identify the best donor markets and help with writing the proposal.
- PSI is available to answer questions and give guidance on an on-going basis.
- On occasion the capacity building grant available from PSI allows extras an organization may not be able to afford, such as a database or a local trainer to speak to a committee or board.
- WHAT PSI CANNOT DO is conduct a feasibility study for a capital campaign—but it can advise on how to assess feasibility and information on this is also available in Successful Fundraising, and can refer organizations to credible and vetted consultants.
- PSI CANNOT actually raise funds with or for an organization—but neither does any consulting firm which is credible. Rarely will a consultant actually raise funds. But we can provide much advice and support as organizations raise funds.
Please peruse the dynamic and helpful website, www.philanthropicservice.com.
View the 2020 Overview and Services Provided for Adventist Education presentation.
Contact PSI at:
PHONE 443-390-7169 or 800-622-1662