Empowering people with the passion and skills necessary to further the Kingdom of Christ in the 21st century.
Adventist Learning Community
The Adventist Learning Community (ALC) is a Seventh-day Adventist ministerial and educational platform designed to strengthen professionals through continuing education courses, teaching courses, ministerial training, and dissemination of uniquely Adventist content for the church community and beyond. Because courses and resources are online, you can access your materials anywhere you have an internet connection at your convenience.
Note: Login to Adventist Learning Community first in order to reach the linked course/resource.
These courses and more are available for non-academic recertification credit on the ALC.
Teacher Certification (non-academic credit)
- Adventist History (0.5 CEU)
- Bible Doctrines (0.5 CEU)
- Light for Living (0.5 CEU)
- Philosophy of Adventist Education (2.0 CEU)
- Spirit of Prophecy (0.5 CEU)
Teacher Support Available for Re-certification Credit
- Adventist K-12 School Board Legal and Financial Issues (0.1 CEU)
- Adventist K-12 School Board Leadership (0.1 CEU)
- Adventist K-12 School Board Member (0.1 CEU)
- Copyright for Teachers and Pastors (0.5 CEU)
- Creating a Positive Digital Footprint (0.1 CEU)
- Simple K-12 Courses (varying CEUs)
Classroom Support (No CEU credit)
North American Division of Seventh-day Adventist Webinars
Professional development may be obtained by taking part in live webinars or watching recorded webinars. Re-certification credit may be obtained by listing the webinars on the Application for Non-Academic Credit that is submitted to the local conference at the end of the year.
Topics range from Differentiated Instruction to ByDesign to Validating our Adventist Education Standards – and more. Want to review a session you watched or perhaps catch one you missed? Visit the Webinar Archives. All webinars are recorded and available in the Dashboard Files area.
Webinars are at 7pm Eastern time and are recorded. Miss a webinar or want to review it? The recordings for sessions hosted by NAD can be found in the Dashboard | Files | Webinar pages.